Search This Blog

Smoothie #1

Friday, January 29, 2010

1 banana
1 cup each frozen blueberries, frozen peach slices
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
1/4 cup plain soy yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup apple cider (Schnuck's grocery store brand, with pulp sediment and spices floating in it)
honey to taste
pinch of orange zest

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth.

Comments: The cider amount could be adjusted to make it less or more free-flowing. My husband likes smoothies thicker than I do. He likes soft-serve ice cream-level thickness, I like to be able to put it in a regular kitchen glass and drink it without a straw.
The last time we had a few oranges in the house, I zested them before Andrew ate them and kept the zest in the freezer.
All the otherwise dairy products are soy substitutes because I have lactose intolerance. I cheat and have dairy foods on occasion, especially cheese, with a dose of lactase pills, but I usually just avoid the dairy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP