Search This Blog

When not to use egg substitute

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spectacular failure this week gives me another addition to the list of dishes where my favorite egg substitute Ener-G is just not acceptable: homemade pasta. My pasta dough didn't even begin to come together into something kneadable, even after squeezing it for 15 minutes and adding a little water.

My list so far:
1. custards
2. omelets
3. rosettes
4. peach pie filling (really, just another custard)
5. egg-drop soup
6. pasta

3 comments:

quirky granola girl 05 March, 2010 22:06  

I am fascinated that you might have tried to make custard with egg substitute. what was the texture like?

Heather 06 March, 2010 11:35  

Well, I extrapolated that all custards would work out badly when I had the really bad peach pie that was supposed to have a custard-style filling. The filling didn't set at all and had no color. It was like a clear and runny jelly with peaches in it.

mightymoose,  30 March, 2010 00:05  

I haven't tried this pasta yet, but I'm going to. Maybe you'll get to it first. Egg and gluten-free! Good luck.

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2009/05/homemade-buckwheat-soba-noodles-gluten-free.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP