Search This Blog

What to call this potato salad?

Saturday, May 15, 2010

So far, this potato salad

has no well-written recipe, and no name. I threw the sauce for it together in a bit of a hurry to get out the door and on to my birthday hike and picnic in the county park yesterday.

The ingredient list, use these items to taste:
potatoes, scrubbed and boiled with skins on in salted water, then chilled and chopped
mayonnaise
plain yogurt
finely chopped pickles (I used kosher dills)
Worcestershire sauce
freshly ground black pepper
spicy brown mustard (I used a mix of store-bought and homemade-by-friend spicy brown mustards)
cider vinegar
fresh rosemary (from my herb pots), chopped very fine
fresh parsley (from my herb pots), chopped
fresh cilantro, chopped

Salad tasted wicked spicy and reeked of rosemary when the dear husband and I ate it three hours after mixing, but mellowed out and tasted more blended and mustardy on Day Two. Obligatory food safety tip: with salads dressed in mayonnaise, be sure that they are kept very cold in your picnic cooler and aren't left outside the cooler more than half an hour before or after serving.

I'll measure the ingredients next time. So far, the best name I've come up with is a pretty lame pun: "Herb-y Birthday" Potato Salad. Any suggestion from the readers?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP